2015 Summer Season begins on Wednesday, July 22!
The summer season starts on Wednesday, July 22 with rehearsal from 8am to 1pm. Please download the pdf below for important reminders and requirements for the upcoming season.
· Section leaders and Squad leaders will be chosen this week. You will sign up to indicate your interest during attendance registration.
· The leadership selection process will be explained at rehearsal.
· Please help us by making sure the new members in your sections have the information and materials they need before rehearsal starts.
· Remember that rehearsal begins at 8am—typically on the practice field. This means it is not acceptable to arrive at 8am.
· Remember that rehearsal “ending” time is the time we stop rehearsing—typically on the practice field. Therefore, parents should allow the necessary time for students to travel from the practice field to put their things away.
· Instrument lockers will not be assigned until August as students should be taking their instruments and color guard equipment home daily.
· PLEASE LOOK AT THE WEATHER FORECAST DAILY. It is very important that students are prepared for the elements. Marching Band is and OUTDOOR activity. Dress comfortable and cool. Wear a hat. Wear sunglasses. Wear appropriate shoes and socks. Eat a healthy breakfast. Bring a healthy snack. Stay hydrated. We want everyone happy and healthy!
New Member and New Parent Orientation
New parents and guardians of 2015 Marching Blue Devils members are asked to join your sons/daughters at 7:30pm on Tuesday, June 30 for an orientation meeting in the high school band room. This meeting will include all relevant information for the upcoming season as well as a special “sneak peak” at the 2015 Marching Blue Devils! Refreshments will follow.
2015 Marching Season is set to begin!
The 2015 edition of the Marching Blue Devils will kick off with the first rehearsal on Tuesday, June 23 from 5:30pm to 8:30pm in the high school band room. All current and new members should plan to attend! Preparations for the July 5 Brunswick Summer Celebration Parade and basic marching skills for the upcoming season will be on the agenda. We are excited to kick off another season with a “new beginning!”
The 2015 Marching Blue Devils Summer Rehearsal Schedule!
The Brunswick High School Band Department is offering a special opportunity to advanced middle school band students who will be enrolled in the 8th grade band during the 2015-2016 academic year. You can read the current requirements and access the online application by clicking the link below.
The 2015 Marching Blue Devils Summer Rehearsal Schedule!
The Marching Blue Devils are pleased to announce the 2015 Summer Rehearsal Schedule. Please remember that this is a tentative schedule and MINOR changes may occur due to the addition of other school events that could cause conflicts for students.
You can download your copy of the schedule here:
2015 Marching Blue Devils Summer Schedule
Marching Band Return from Successful Orlando Trip!
The Brunswick High School Marching Blue Devils returned on January 2 from a week long trip to Orlando, Florida. While in Florida, the band performed in the 2014 Florida Citrus Parade which will be nationally televised on ABC stations. The parade can be viewed on Cleveland Channel 5 (WEWS) at 3pm on Sunday, January 4, 2015. While in Florida the band was also featured in a parade performance at the Magic Kingdom. The band rung in the New Year at EPCOT. During their stay in Florida, the band visited Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney and EPCOT.
The band traveld with the Brunswick High School Camerata Orchestra who performed in Downtown Disney and took part in a master class at EPCOT.
Photos and videos can be found on the band’s Facebook page by clicking the link at the right of this page.
New Parents' Meeting on June 19 at 7pm in the band room.
All parents are invited to bring a lawn chair/blanket and assemble by the band tower at 7:30pm for show and tell with a parent/student meeting to follow. RT
Current high school students will find the audition material in their Charms account. Middle School students who do not have a Charms account may email Mr. Wardeska (email@example.com) to receive audition materials. Please be sure to include your instrument when contacting Mr. Wardeska. A link to the audition signup is posted below.
Email Mr. Wardeska is you need to request an additional time.
The 2014-2015 Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band Audition Information is as follows:
• All students who wish to be a member of the 2014-2015 Wind Ensemble or Jazz Band must audition.
• Students who are interested in Wind Ensemble AND Jazz Band will complete 1 audition and only use the music for wind ensemble. Drums, piano, guitar and bass are exempt from this rule, and must complete an audition for jazz band that is separate from that for wind ensemble.
• Students who are interested in Jazz Band, but not wind ensemble will complete 1 audition using music specific for the jazz band audition.
• All audition music can be found in charms in the folders labeled "Wind Ensemble Audition" or "Jazz Band audition”
Auditions will be held on Monday, May 19, Tuesday, May 20 and Thursday, May 22. You must sign up online. You may use the links below to sign up, or you may find links from the band website (www.brunswickhsbands.org)
See Mr. Wardeska with any questions. Links to the sign up are listed below:
The 2014 Marching Blue Devils TENTATIVE Summer Schedule has now been posted on the Marching Blue Devils page (access through the tab above). Please keep in mind that this information, while fairly accurate could change due to the many variable that are present in a school and district our size.