The Brunswick High School Band Department is offering a special opportunity to advanced middle school band students who will be enrolled in the 8th grade band during the 2015-2016 academic year.
What does the leadership program provide?
· A special leadership training program to provide students with experiences which can help develop leadership skills through advanced participation in the band program.
· Advanced musical opportunities above and beyond the regular 8th grade band program.
· Full membership in the award-winning nationally recognized Brunswick High School Marching Blue Devils.
school student mentor to work with the student throughout the program.
Who is eligible to apply?
· Current members in good standing of the 7th grade bands at Edwards, Visintainer, or Willetts Middle Schools.
· Students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
· Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and remain academically eligible for the entire marching band season.
· Students must provide the names of 3 current teachers who will be asked to provide an official teacher recommendation. These teachers must include their current band director and 2 current teachers of “core subjects.” A link to the online recommendation will be emailed to the teachers.
· Students will be required to complete an “audition interview.” This interview will include a demonstration of basic skills and a performance of the Brunswick High School Fight Song (Across the Field). These interviews as a group beginning at 3:30pm on Wednesday, May 27.
· A maximum of 9 students will be chosen from throughout the district with an attempt to select a total of three students from each of the three middle schools. However, the students with the highest cumulative score in recommendations and the audition interview will be selected as participants in the 2015 leadership program.